Updated: October 01, 2018
Our website address: https://budhubcanada.ca
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We generally use your information to:
- Facilitate the creation of and to secure your User Account (as defined below) on the Services
- Identify you as a user in our system
- Provide, personalize, and improve the Services
- Provide feedback and user base demographics to third-party businesses listed on the Websites or Services
- Communicate with you about your use of the Services
- Develop new products and Services
- Track usage of the Websites and Services
- Customize the advertising you view and recommend content
- Backup our systems and allow for disaster recovery
- Fulfill your requests and provide customer support
- Send newsletters, surveys, offers and promotional materials related to the Services and your user preferences and behaviors and for other marketing purposes of Budhub Canada using your contact information;
- Protect, investigate, prevent and potentially take action against possible fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activities
- Respond to claims that Website content is inauthentic, counterfeit, or otherwise violates the rights of third parties
- Respond to your requests for customer service
- Protect our rights and the rights of other users
We may also use your information to verify your geographic location. We may use your geographic location data to personalize and improve our Websites or Services, to recommend content, or determine whether the information you have requested is available in your location. We may also share aggregated and reasonably anonymized data with our partners, advertisers, and other third parties. You acknowledge and agree that the Websites can serve as portals to other businesses and consumers. Any requests, orders, or interactions you engage in with other businesses and consumers may necessitate the provision of information to such other party.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
- Account Information: If you create an account on any of the Websites or Services (a “User Account”), we may store and use your full name, e-mail address, home address, phone number, zip code, and other information you may provide with your User Account, such as your gender and birth date. Your first name and last initial, as well as any photo you submit through the registration process, may be publicly displayed as part of your User Account profile. We may also store and use information regarding your means of age verification (e.g., drivers license) or medical marijuana recommendation, including your recommending doctor’s name and license number, contact information, verification methodology, and verification number. We may also store information on your order history and preferences with respect to orders placed from your account.
- Public Content: The information that you contribute through or post on the Websites or Services is intended for public consumption, including your reviews, tips, photos, videos, check-ins, comments, likes, posts, events, bookmarks, friends, lists, compliments, and basic User Account profile information. We may display this information through the Websites or Services, share it with businesses, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third-party sites and services.
- Communications: When you sign up for a User Account or use certain features, you are opting to receive messages from businesses, and Budhub Canada itself. While you can manage some of your e-mail preferences, please note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative, transactional, or legal messages from Budhub Canada. We may also track your actions in response to the messages you receive from Budhub Canada or through the Websites or Services, such as whether you deleted, opened, or forwarded such messages. If you exchange messages with others through the Websites or Services, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them, and we may review and disclose them in connection with investigations related to the operation and use of the Websites or Services. We may not deliver messages that we believe are objectionable, such as spam messages or requests to exchange reviews for compensation. If you send or receive messages through the Websites or Services via SMS text message, we may log phone numbers, phone carriers, and the date and time that the messages were processed. Carriers may charge recipients for texts that they receive. We may also store information that you provide through communications to us, including from phone calls, letters, e-mails, and other electronic messages, or in person. If you are a representative of a business listed on Budhub Canada, we may contact you, including by phone or e-mail, using the contact information you provide us, make publicly available, or that we have on record for your business.
- Activity: We may store information about your use of the Websites or Services, such as your search activity, the pages you view, the actions you take, the date and time of your visit, businesses you call or e-mail using our mobile applications. We also may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Websites, Services, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, phone number, unique device identifier, advertising identifier, location (including geolocation, beacon based location, and GPS location), and requested and referring URLs.
Our uses for these technologies fall into one of the following general categories:
Managing Cookies: It may be possible to disable some (but not all) Cookies through your device or browser settings, but doing so may affect the functionality of the Websites, Services, and Transactable Sites. The method for disabling Cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in preferences or security settings. For flash cookies, you can manage your privacy settings by visiting the Adobe Macromedia site, located here.
Third parties may receive information about you as follows:
- Service Providers: We may rely on third-party providers to support or provide some of the features and options that are available through the Websites, or Services. We may also rely on third-party providers to perform certain services for us in connection with your use of the Websites or Services, such as communications and hosting services, network security, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing, our own marketing of the Websites or Services, promotional and contest features, product listings and brand management, and other functions. We may share information from or about you with these third-party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests. These third-party providers may share information with us that they obtain from or about you in connection with providing their services or completing your requests. Third-party providers may also share this information with their subsidiaries, joint ventures, affiliates, partners, or other companies under common control. Some of our web pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to you from our third-party providers, while preserving the look and feel of the Websites or Services. In such cases, please note that the information you provide is being provided to the third party.
- Aggregate Information: We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as advertisers, brand managers, and content distributors. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, advertisements, or certain products available in the Transactable Sites or the general characteristics of such users.
- Businesses on Budhub Canada: We may share information from or about you (such as your age and gender, your devices, and your use of the Websites, Services (such as which businesses you bookmark or call) with businesses listed on Budhub Canada. You may adjust your settings to increase or decrease the amount of information we share.
- Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure: (a) is reasonably necessary to comply with federal, provincial, or local legal process and legally binding law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Websites, Services, or (c) protects our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, clients, partners, or the public, such as disclosures in connection with our Consumer Alerts program. If you flag or otherwise complain to Budhub Canada about content available through the Websites, or Services, we may share the substance of your complaint with the contributor of that content or product in order to provide an opportunity for the contributor to respond and/or remedy the situation.
- Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions: We may sometimes offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (any, a “Promotion”) through the Websites or Services that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including allowing the sponsor of the Promotion to use your name, voice, and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. If you choose to enter a Promotion, personal information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as on a winner’s list.
- Please Note: If you agree to accept a Promotion from our third-party service providers or any third-party merchant, then you will receive e-mails separately from them and all information that you choose to disclose to them will be subject to their individual and separate privacy policies. If you later decide that you no longer want to receive their e-mails, then you will need to follow their own specific opt-out instructions. Following our directions for opting out of e-mail notifications and disclosure of personal information will not opt you out of third-party disclosures and related promotional communications.
CHANGES TO YOUR PROFILE AND E-MAIL PREFERENCES
Budhub Canada believes that you should have the ability to access and edit the personal information you provide to us. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information that was provided as part of your registration with our Websites or Services. The Websites or Services may allow you to review, correct, or update personal information you have provided through the Websites or Services’ forms or otherwise. We will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases and that residual data may remain on backup media or for other reasons. Also, any public postings or other communications you have made on the Websites or Services such as in forums or blogs cannot generally be removed. When you edit your personal information or change your preferences on the Websites or Services, information that you remove may persist internally for our own administrative purposes.
You may cancel or modify the e-mail marketing communications you receive from us by following the instructions contained within our promotional e-mails or in some cases by logging into your User Account and changing your communication preferences. This will not affect subsequent subscriptions, and if your opt-out preferences are limited to certain types of e-mails, the opt-out will be so limited. Subsequent or different subscriptions will remain unaffected. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your User Account or use of our Websites or Services, such as administrative and service announcements, and these transactional User Account messages may be unaffected even if you choose to opt out from receiving our marketing communications.
DATA RETENTION AND USER ACCOUNT TERMINATION
CHILDREN USING THE WEBSITES OR SERVICES
The Websites or Services are intended for adults only and require that users be no less than nineteen (19) years of age. Individuals under the age of nineteen (19) are prohibited from creating a User Account and profile, accessing the Websites or Services. If you become aware that an underage user has created a User Account using false, stolen, or otherwise misleading information, please contact us immediately at 1-778-486-9960 or at email@example.com
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. This includes using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which is software that encrypts the information you input. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
When placing orders through credit card transactions (adding new business listings) they are handled by established third-party processing agents (PayPal). They receive the information needed to verify and authorize your credit card.